The Risk Reporting Analyst produces the appropriate daily, weekly and monthly risk reports, and monitors the front office team’s compliance with the company’s appropriate governance frameworks and limits. The Analyst’s focus will be on risk reporting Iron Ore, Copper and Shipping books based in Singapore
about the company
This exciting opportuinity is with our client who is a strong player in the commodity sector.
about the job
- Produce (daily, weekly and monthly for senior management reporting) risk reports for Copper, Nickel Iron Ore, Met Coal and Shipping using the risk systems (in house developed reporting system for Iron Ore and Copper and SOFTMAR/Excel model for Shipping). As our client is growing, you will be part of the team to assist in the companies growth of activities.
- Monitor compliance of Front Office activities with the Marketing Risk Policy and escalate breaches of limits to the Marketing Risk Committee.
- Assist on the improvement of the Shipping Risk and P&L Reporting process from SOFTMAR. SOFTMAR has limitations in reporting risk for physical ships.
- Assist in the rolling out and UAT of Aspect system for Iron Ore Brazil and Copper physical and financial trades
- Input into the financial reports as necessary, e.g. derivative position P&Ls
skills and experience required
Risk Control experience in a commodity or energy trading environment, which should include:
- Knowledge of commodities markets
- P&L reporting
- Exposure reporting
- Value at Risk (VaR) reporting
- Risk modelling experience in Excel/Access using VBA etc.
- Knowledge of the calculations behind P&L and exposure calculations for both physical and financial commodity trades
- The ability to build/review/amend Excel/VBA models, generate data warehouse queries in SQL. SQL experience is an asset
Social Process Skills
- Previous experience in a large corporate environment
- A passion for commodities, curiosity and a willingness to challenge
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders across a global organisation
- Proven ability to prioritise and work effectively to meet deadlines
- Good collaboration skills especially with internal and external peers
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Ignatius D'Cruz at 65106516.
(EA: 94C3609/ <R1762883> )