about the company
- This leading and international pharmaceutical company is currently experiencing exponential growth and as a result we are seeking to attract an experienced Indirect Procurement Professional to establish a procurement operational infrastructure to support the growth of its regional business unit
about the job
- This position will work closely with the Category Managers and Shared Services Hub to provide assistance and purchasing support to all business divisions operating in Singapore.
- Applies experience and procurement knowledge to execute the purchasing and supply management strategies created by the Global/Regional CategoryManagers.
- Work with customers, internal and external, and the Divisions to solve issues and drive high levels of customer service.
- This role will work across multiple Indirect Category Verticals primarily in Technology, Marketing, Travel, Facilities Management, Business Service, HR & Legal
- Compare prices, specifications, delivery dates and probable savings to determine the best bid among accredited suppliers
- Develop and assist in the development of Purchasing policy/ies as required by the organization to ensure efficient and compliant purchasing operations
- The position will be responsible for the operational and tactical activities of the local procurement function across various categories
- The procurement process including completion of associated documentation (bids, contracts, purchase orders ) and supplier negotiations.
- Works within defined processes and procedures and may help determine appropriate approaches for change.
- Proactively seek innovative ways to improve the procurement processes, cycle times, and customer service levels
- Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
- Perform upstream collaboration with internal stakeholders from planning to eventual procurement of materials and services
- Help to guide internal customers and suppliers in proper procedures to maintain the same ethical standards.
- Demonstrate strong ethics at all times even in the face of country culture with conflicting practices.
- This position has delegated authority to commit company funds while contributing cost savings and partnerships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Monitor and manage vendors/suppliers in the areas of cost savings, process improvements, sourcing of materials and innovation initiatives
- Manage day to day supply issues. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Communicates pertinent information to both internal customers and suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
- Manage SOWs/RFI/Contracts documents, support PO conversion - non transactional and some negotiations, drive saving outcomes, manage day to day supply issues and seek innovative ways to maintain and improve procurement processes, cycle times, total acquisition costs, and customer service levels
- Meet regularly with divisional customers and support functions to ensure good customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
about the manager/team
- A well versed and informative global team to support and work together with the incumbent. This however, is an individual contributor position that takes ownership of his/her actions
skills and experience required
- The successful candidate will come from a strong indirect procurement background primarily in Technology, HR, Legal, Marketing, Travel, Business Services and Facilities Management having ideally worked in a multi-national environments utilising best in class processes and systems.
- Experience working in a high profile business or servicing demanding stakeholders or clients, it will be highly regarded and advantageous enabling the successful candidate to impart their expertise to develop this operation. .
- Knowledge in Purchasing /Procurement Process, Project Planning and implementation in a pharmaceutical/life science/healthcare multinational corporate environment
- Bachelor Degree: Engineering, Science, Business, or Financial Degrees. CPM/CPSM certification desired
- Strong people skills, strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Experience in procurement of goods and services in support of a commercial sales organization a plus
- Computer knowledge on Microsoft application e.g. excel, power point and word.
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact us at 65171622. Do note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
(EA: 94C3609/ R1551260 )
indirect procurement,procurement,sourcing,vendor management,contract management,