about the company
This company is a well known player within the Chemicals, R&D and Pharmaceutical industry and has notably established itself as one of the leaders in the field. Due to the huge augment in profits and major projects won in FY2016-2017, they are now looking to add on an experienced leader in Direct Procurement & Category Management for it's Global, AP business
about the job
This role will nevertheless encompass the following:
- Lead and implement a strategic plans (bidding, negotiating and awarding) with in depth understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline & evolution, benchmarking, price availability & supply chain logistics
- Be responsible for the sourcing of raw materials & supply management activities for the designated categories of chemical and pharmaceutical based raw materials
- To oversee the CAPEX/OPEX requirements within the business together with influencing MRP/MRO exercises
- Be the point of contact between key stakeholders in the business by providing both strategic and tactical procurement strategies to improve cost efficiency and ultimately rake in savings for the business
- Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction and process improvement projects.
- Manage ongoing Supplier relationships & build strategic relationships with key category vendors and stakeholders across assigned regions
The successful incumbent will also be highly accountable for
- A global spend whereby raw materials are concerned together with keeping abreast of all changing purchasing needs, volatile market conditions that could potentially affect inventory flow of the business, spikes in trends and risk management analyses
- Tender and bidding solutions, management/hands on facilitation of contracts, quality assurance based on ISO compliances in corporate and manufacturing settings whereby he or she will rack up a strategic team be it locally or remotely to negotiate with external suppliers globally to establish mutually acceptable economic solutions & enhance the regions competitive position
- Managing a team and work with global suppliers to manage relationships on behalf of the business
about the manager/team
A highly supportive and macro managing director that understands the function and business thoroughly but will expect delivery at optimum levels towards tasks assigned
The incumbent will also be working very closely with other senior stakeholders of the business, international vendors of Greater Asia, folks from quality, supply chain, health safety and professionals in manufacturing production environments
skills and experience required
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in direct procurement, raw material sourcing, category management for Chemical/Pharmaceutical practices
- Experience in SAP and team management would be a plus
- Good communication & interpersonal skills plus proven track record of strong stakeholder management
- Keen to travel abroad, expand and be hands on in change & stakeholder managment
- Dynamic, self-motivating & confident personality with exposure in matrix reporting structures
- Strong analytical mind & able to determine future trends and saving opportunities.
- Able to handle multiple tasks/ issues simultaneously while paying close attention to detail
- Bachelor/ Master Degree in Chemical Engineering/ R&D Diagnostics / Life Sciences / Chemical & Pharmaceutical would be advantageous
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact us at 65171622.
(EA: 94C3609/ R1551260). Do note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
procurement,chemical,sourcing,category,supply chain,materials,direct procurement,raw material,manufacturing