The Risk Reporting Analyst produces daily, weekly and monthly risk reports and monitors the front office team's Compliance with the company's appropriate governance frameworks and limits. Your focus will be risk reporting on Iron Ore, Copper and Shipping books based in Singapore.
about the company
Our client is an established name in the commodities industry with a strong focus on hard commodities.
about the job
This opportunity as a Risk Reporting Analyst is for you if you are keen on the following:
- Production of daily, weekly and monthly risk reports and to monitor the front office team's Compliance with the company's appropriate governance frameworks and limits. You will focus on risk reporting on Iron Ore, Copper and Shipping books based in Singapore
- Assiting on the improvement of the Shipping Risk and P&L reporting process
- Assisting in the rollout and UAT of aspect system for Iron ore physical and financial trades
skills and experience required
-Risk Control experience in a commodity or energy trading environment, which should include:
- Knowledge of commodities markets
- P&L reporting
- Exposure reporting
- Value at Risk (VaR) reporting
- Risk modelling experience in Excel/Access using VBA etc.
-Knowledge of the calculations behind P&L and exposure calculations for both physical and financial commodity trades
-The ability to build/review/amend Excel/VBA models, generate data warehouse queries in SQL. SQL experience is an asset
Social Process Skills
-Previous experience in a large corporate environment
-A passion for commodities, curiosity and a willingness to challenge
-Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders across a global organisation
-Proven ability to prioritise and work effectively to meet deadlines
-Good collaboration skills especially with internal and external peers
Candidates with atleast 3 years of experience in Operational Risk/Internal Audit in a commodities house are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Ignatius D'Cruz at 65106516.
(EA: 94C3609/ R1762883 )