At Randstad, your privacy is important to us. We're committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. Randstad complies with privacy laws and Singapore's National Privacy Principles as well as our existing obligations of confidentiality.
This Privacy/Collection Statement explains how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use and disclose that information. It also provides some details about your privacy rights, along with our general rights and obligations in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
Please read the privacy statement for Singapore below, or click here to download it in PDF format:
Protecting your personal data
At Randstad, protecting your personal data is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. Randstad complies with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) as well as our existing obligations of confidentiality.
This personal data protection policy explains how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use and disclose that information.
What your personal data is
Personal data is any information or an opinion about you from which you can be identified. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. name, address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude and psychological assessment results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Who will be collecting your personal data
Your personal information will be collected by Randstad for its own use and on behalf of other members of the Randstad group of companies, who might require access to your personal information in connection with your work placements.
How your information will be collected – attending an interview
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you attend an interview with one of our staff members. At this time you will complete our registration paperwork or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal information will also be collected when:
How your personal data will be collected - visiting our web site
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make with your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of your work rights status;
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive a response from a job advertisement – either written, verbal or email
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about you.
You can visit our web site and browse without the need to disclose any personal information.
When you visit the Randstad web site, we record anonymous information such as the date and time of your visit, the server/IP address, which site was visited and the information viewed and/or downloaded. The information gathered cannot be directly matched to an individual and is only used for administration and statistical purposes such as error logging. The information cannot tell us anything about you, it can only tell us about how you used our web site. This information can help us determine what areas of our web site are most beneficial to our visitors. No attempt is made by Randstad to identify users or their browsing activities.
If you visit the Candidate Registration web site and register on-line for employment opportunities or, visit the client resources site to register a vacancy, we do collect some personal information about you, which you volunteer by filling in your details. The information required may include providing basic personal details such as your name, address, phone number and email address etc. You may also submit your resume or a position description. The information gathered at this point is stored in our database for retrieval and use by Randstad staff only for the purposes for which it was intended. By submitting your personal information in this way, you acknowledge and accept our personal data protection policy.
When submitting a time sheet via our web site, the information is transmitted directly to our payroll division, where it is only used for the intended purpose and is not disclosed to anyone outside the organisation.
There is no collection of personal information until you have completed the time sheet and submit to Randstad for processing.
We do not disclose any information gathered about your visit to our web site, or personal information that you provide through the Candidate Registration process, such as your name, address etc to any other organisation outside Randstad, unless required to do so by law.
How your personal data will be collected – responding to advertisements on non-Randstad recruitment websites
You can also view our advertisements on authorized third party recruitment websites which may either direct you to the Randstad website for you to log in and submit your application with personal data, or allow you to submit such data via the submit function of the third party website. If you submit your information to us through a third party website, we will assume that you have consented to allow us to collect, use, and disclose (as described in this statement) your data for
the purposes of evaluating your candidacy in relation to the vacancy posted or other vacancies which we may decide to engage in the future.
How we use your personal data
Your personal data may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement;
- checking your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents);
- where legally permitted to undertake directly or through agents criminal reference check with relevant government agencies, or credit checks.
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits, quality and services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing; and
- to offer you special service offerings.
If you are placed by us in a temporary/contract assignment, your personal data may also be used in connection with:
- payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment
- follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work
- your performance appraisals;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- our identification of your training needs;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information.
- At all times the personal information that we collect will only be collected to the extent that it is necessary to fulfil these purposes.
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of Randstad;
- other members of the Randstad group of companies;
- our insurers;
- any government department or body (or their agents) to verify your work rights status; ·
- a designated, registered training provider in relation to training and personal development opportunities;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information;
- prospective employers to use to verify suitability for employment; and
- (where permitted by law) third party providers of criminal background or credit checking services.
We will advise you of our intentions and gain consent before we refer your personal information to our clients for possible work opportunities.
Personal data of referees
The submission of references is essential to the recruitment process as we give critical consideration to any input provided to us by your referees.
In submitting your application, you shall be required to submit the names and other personal data of referees you wish us to contact. Before you give us any personal data about your referees you must notify each referee with the purpose of Randstad’s use of their personal data and obtain their permission to disclose to us their data for the purposes of evaluating your candidacy for current or future vacancies that we may engage with you from time to time.
If you do not give us the information we seek
If you do not give us the information we seek:
How does Randstad protect the security of your information
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your information. For example, your personal information is stored in secured offices and in computerised databases which require a log in and password to gain access. Access to the database is only available to those who require such access.
All staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding company and customer information.
Visitors to our premises are always accompanied by a member of staff for the duration of the visit.
We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify personal information as soon as the law permits and provided that the information is no longer needed by us. When you advise us that you are no longer looking for work opportunities and therefore do not wish to be registered with us, we will de-identify your data base record and destroy your personal information, unless you advise us otherwise or unless it is a requirement by law such as retained tax/wages information.
You can withdraw your consent
If you do not want us to continue to use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact our Data Privacy Officer below to state your intention to withdraw consent and we will review your request and respond to you with the implications of such withdrawal.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
You have a right to request access to the personal data we hold about you. If you believe it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
External sites that are linked to or from the Randstad web site are not under our control and you are advised to review their Privacy Statement. Users should note there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet and you should therefore make your own assessment of the potential risk to the security of your information.
Changes to our personal data protection policy
How we contact you
We may contact you from time to time about jobs and careers advice services. We usually use email, phone and/or SMS. If you wish to change your preferences for contacts, please go to www.randstad.com.sg/my-randstad/login
How to contact our data privacy officer
If you wish to contact us about any concerns or queries in relation to your personal information please address these during normal office hours to:
+65 6510 6312