about the company
An international Engineering, construction, building and maintenance contractor with good track record in large scale and unique civil and infrastructure project.
Specialise in Civil Marine Infrastructure, Pipelines, Tunnels & Underground, infrastructure and transport sectors.
With footprint in over 23 locations throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Pacific Island and Middle East, this is well known specialist engineering company with strong financial position and highly passionate in what they are doing.
about the job
This Position Description is to be read in conjunction with applicable requirements of the Management System Requirements (MSR) and Business Support Procedures.
- To ensure detailed tender submissions are compiled in accordance with the MMS for Senior Management Review.
- Plan and coordinate allocated estimating resources for the tender to maximise success with the tender submission. Where required, prepare cost estimates and technical proposals for tender submissions directly within the scope of appropriate drawings, specifications, quantities and cost data.
- Ensure new business & Strategy fully understands their roles and responsibilities for compiling the tender in accordance with the MMS.
- Regularly communicate with Operations and Regional Managers for reviewing all aspects of the tender including Construction Methodology, Commercial/Technical Risks and Opportunities, Alternatives, Submission Documentation, Production Rates, Material and Subcontract Enquiries and any Programming Requirements.
- Required to travel as needed to suit tendering requirements.
- Prepare tender Strategies – develop ‘winning’ strategies in Construction Methodology and Submission Requirements. Brainstorm.
- Facilitate review meetings with both Regional Operations Managers and Estimating Resources.
- Prepare and submit EXCO Report, Risk Matrix, and Tender Notification Documentation in conjunction with Regional Manager and Estimator.
- Allocate estimating resources to specific tender requirements.
- Provide support to the Estimator(s) as required.
- Co-ordinate and participate in tender reviews.
- Manage all aspects of the tender within the tender period for the Company and or Joint Venture submissions.
- Ensure that estimates are compiled to conform with the client specification/design brief.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and be conversant with new developments in construction and design technology which may assist in forming a competitive tender.
- Represent the company at the site inspection and in pre-award negotiations with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
about the manager/team
- Reports directly to the General Manager – New Business & Strategy.
- Reports through the Regional Manager (based on the region in which the tender is being prepared for).
- Liaise with Operation, Estimating, Regional Managers, as well as support staff including HSEQ Manager, Commercial Manager, Engineering Manager and Finance Manager as required for the tender.
skills and experience required
To succeed in this role you must have the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of working experience in project management and /or estimating experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology and market applications/trends.
- Specialist knowledge of the tendering process and a sound understanding of plant and equipment.
- Ability to lead and direct other Estimating staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and apply innovative but practical solutions to complex issues.
- Focussed on meeting objectives and timeframes through the use of Company processes.
- Competent in use of relevant in-house software.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
To apply online, please click on the ‘apply’ function, alternatively please contact Norita Che Mansor on +65 6510 1466 quoting reference: 90M0302847
EA: 94C3609 / R1326276