A multinational firm in the banking and financial services is seeking an experienced F&O and OTC clearing operations associate
about the company
A leading global bank with a strong presence in Asia and Europe, our client is looking expand its business and operations in the region. You can expect to be part of an organisation that is forward looking and utilising its global resources to keep up with industry changes with a strong push to synergise technology with its operations. You will be exposed to new challenges and opportunities, and also afforded the opportunity to progress your career as well as your personal goals and ambitions.
about the job
As an officer in their Futures and Options and OTC Clearing Operations team, you will be part of a structured department comprising of Exchange and Process control, Clearing, Client Services, Delivery and Documentation teams. Building on its success in the field, our client is looking to expand its capabilities. Being part of this team will allow you to hone your skills and expertise in the field of F&O and Clearing. You can expect to be responsible for the clearing and reconciliation activities across the APAC region, including oversight and processing. You can except to interact and form excellent working relationships with both internal business units and external global counter-parties, as well as liaise with front office and various internal operations team. Other responsibilities include:
- Acting as the escalation point for issues raised by the offshore clearing team
- Managing regulatory reporting obligations with APAC exchanges and processing the expiration of F&O contracts
- Resolving trade breaks and allocation issues
- Driving change through process improvement projects
- Liaising with global and regional counterparts to maintain awareness and update changing F&O and OTC Clearing regulations
about the manager / team
Reporting in to the team Manager, you will part of a team that supports the organisation’s processes to align them with regulatory and compliance requirements.
skills and experience required
- Possess a Diploma or Degree in Business, Banking or Finance
- At least 3 years of futures industry related experience in Investment Banking, preferably with experience working for an exchange, clearing house or regulator
- Analytical skills in identification and implementation of process improvement/problem solving
- Able to work with high level of accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Sungard GMI, Global Seals, ClearVision, Prysm, is a plus
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Shawn Lee at 65101463.
(EA: 94C3609/ R1765158)