Our client is hiring a Market Risk Analyst contractor to be in-charge of middle office control and profit and loss statements (P&L) reporting activities and analysis.
about the company
Our client is an established multinational trading company who is renowned for not only its extensive operations all over the world but also for being one the largest energy companies around. Working here you will benefit from a dynamic and performance-driven environment where results matter and people are rewarded for their performance and success.
about the job
In the position, you will be responsible for:
- Working with front office to settle any differences on pricing, volume, counterparty and mark to market (MTM) intent
- Daily monitoring and validation of ancillaries and related profit and loss statements (P&L)
- Daily validation of business summaries and deal blotters from front office to make certain that new business deals are correctly illustrated in the system
- Ensuring prompt delivery of validated profit and loss statements (P&L) by pre-defined attribution and rules like by commodity, market, mark to market (MTM) moves, grades and new deals
- Observing exposure to mark to market (MTM) prices and curves while ascertaining profit and loss statements (P&L) impact when curve or price updates are inaccessible by the Global End of Day deadline
- Prompt presentation of validated profit and loss statements (P&L) by strategy reports to the Commodity Risk teams in various offices around the world while working closely with them to settle any surfaced problems
skills and experience required
To be shortlisted for this role, you must have:
- Accounting qualifications like ACCA, ACA or CIMA or degree in Business or Accounting
- In-depth understanding of mark to market (MTM), market/price volatilities and important energy trading strategies
- Working experience as risk analysts in commodity firms will be a bonus
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills and IT systems
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Sheryn Loh at 6510 3643.