about the company
My client is a market leader within their industry. They are a leading port group and trusted partner to cargo stakeholders. With huge flagship operations in Singapore and Antwerp, their global network encompasses over 50 locations worldwide. The group’s portfolio comprises over 60 deepsea, rail and inland terminals, as well as affiliated businesses in distriparks, warehouses and marine services. With their huge expansion and growth, they are currently looking for a dynamic HR Practitioner to join their ranks.
about the job
As the Senior Manager/ Assistant Vice President (Group HR), you will be actively involved in the effective design, development and on-time delivery/implementation of Organizational Development (OD) initiatives/solutions to the wider business
- Review present group practices, develop and design organizational development tools and interventions to successfully implement HR transformations/projects
- Assists in sourcing, evaluating, recommending and managing external partners, trainers and/or vendors in relation to Organizational Development and team building
- Partake in vendor selection efforts and partner closely with the VP (Transformation) / SVP (Group HR) in the negotiation and contracting process for procurement of services and/or products
- Consult and work closely with the Global Head of HR and SVP (Group HR), and assists in developing, implementing and sustaining the Global OD Movement strategy for senior leaders and employees in the Group as well as working with the respective regions to cascade these initiatives
- Curate strong internal and external HR branding materials i.e. media write-ups, Global Clips, HR segment of Annual Report etc.
- Formulate, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of various inhouse culture movement campaigns in the organization
- Coordinate and raise awareness of the OD programs to employees, to ensure maximum level of commitment to OD investment
- Implement effective HR strategies and initiatives in line with the firm's approach and organizational culture, roll out and implement HR regional and global initiatives
- Ensure governance and compliance in the areas of company policies, labor law and disciplinary management.
- Manage the overall recruitment and selection process to hire good talent for retention and growth
- Supporting the delivery of HR activities and processes (Such as performance management, manpower planning, compensation and benefits) and ad-hoc projects at the business level
- Guiding and implementing strategic and tactical HR initiatives aligned to business’s objectives
- Assists in other HR projects as assigned
about the manager/team
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Group HR directly, you will provide support across the broader HR spectrum such as HR Due Diligence, Recruitment, Performance Management, Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits etc as well as providing advice on HR best practices etc where necessary. You will be leading a team of 4.
skills and experience required
To be a successful candidate, you should possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/ Business, Organisation Development or related discipline, with at least 15 years of relevant HR experience, with an excellent track record in the implementation of OD initiatives with or in the field of training including course design, development and adult education/learning styles.You should possess excellent working knowledge of employment law and other relevant foreign labor requirements, with the ability to work and manage HR projects independently in a fast-paced environment. Strong prior experience in Organizational Development and Talent Management would be an added advantage.
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Gwendelyn at 6510 1350.