about the company
Established for over 90 years, the Client is an esteemed private bank with international presence.
about the role
- Be the Subject Matter Expert to Front Office and provide advice on account opening requirements as well as KYC Due Diligence topics
- Ensure relevance and completeness of KYC information provided by Front Office, and that it is in accordance with MAS 626 Notices and Guidelines and bank’s policies
- Assess AML/KYC risks for Medium and Low Risk clients
- Review and assess the adequacy of the Source of Wealth corroboration submitted by the Front for new to bank prospects and / or existing clients
- Address Sanction true matches, as well as true matches for other AML/CFT risks identified during the Bank's Name Screening processes.
- Work closely with stakeholders including Front Office, Legal, Compliance and Risk Management, Overseas offices and Head Office
- Ensure prompt escalation to Compliance on potential material risks or ML/CFT concerns
- Provide training/guidance to more junior team members on day to day issues
- Participate in process improvement projects and initiatives
skills and experience required
- At least 5 years of KYC Client Onboarding experience within Private Banking Wealth Management
- Good working knowledge of Source of Wealth corroboration
- Understanding of Account Documentation requirements is a plus
- Familiarity with AML/CFT requirements including MAS 626 Notice & Guidelines
- Organised and meticulous
- Excellent communications and stakeholder management skills
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
If you would like to find out more about this role, please click apply below. Alternatively please contact Lynda Tan at 6510 7413.