about the company
Our client, one of the reputable insurance company globally. They provide wide range of Life, Health and Group insurance coverage.
about the job
In this position as a Business Support Manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Department and support a team of 10 Client Relationship Managers within the Group Insurance team. Your day to day responsibilities includes but not limited to assisting the Head of Department to ensure the business is in compliance with the relevant risk management frameworks and policies in accordance with company’s guidelines and standards and co-ordinate review and update of Group Business Underwriting Guidelines & Underwriting Authority and drive overall product management and pricing function in collaboration with the relevant department.
The ideal incumbent is also expected to oversees all distribution support functions, including on-boarding of new distribution partner, client-specific claims analysis, training matters, setting up process for Distribution and support/coordinate data analytics requirements and management reporting requirements.
skills and experience required
- 4+ years of experience in the financial/insurance industry with proven track record within the Group Insurance and Employee Health & Benefits industry
- Knowledgeable and commercially aware of the market and industry needs and trends
- Good network relationship with Intermediaries, partners and corporate clients
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, highly analytical
- Good conceptual and critical thinking, interpersonal & social skills with strong business acumen
If the above position interest you, kindly click on the appropriate link to apply for this role.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents.