about the company
My clients are leading global companies and the largest companies in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. They are an American company founded over 100 years ago and employ approximately 26,000 people worldwide.
about the job
In this role, you are part of the NPI Sourcing team responsible for supporting New Product Introduction (NPI) projects through the planning and execution of procurement and purchasing activities. The primary scope of work is to (i) drive required materials for all project builds on time and ready for mass production (ii) support projects in driving material costs to meet product cost targets.
- Conduct RFQ, analysis and facilitate selection of the best parts and suppliers based on a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach and considering other risk factors (eg, resilience, assurance of supply, quality, schedule). May also includes setting up optimal lot sizes.
- To set up new parts in SAP to enable part purchases for project builds and mass production. This includes engagement with quality, production buyers and others (e.g., QIR, PPAP, cost roll).
- Manage supplier performance and risk using SAP and various other tools to track, flag and escalate to suppliers and commodity managers to drive on-time material delivery.
- Escalate and communicate any significant risks to parts delivery and cost to Sourcing department, project managers and relevant stakeholders so that risk mitigation actions can be taken early at a higher level.
- As part of root cause analysis (eg, supply gaps), conduct data analysis and investigations to develop relevant action plans to address the problem.
- Compile, process and prepare relevant reports to share with project teams and management.
- Work with project teams and suppliers to identify opportunities for savings and cost reductions.
- Knowledge of all relevant procedures and processes, such as the Common Product Development (CPD) process, in order to successfully execute the scope of work for this role.
- Maintain data accuracy in the ERP system, including but not limited to prices, lead times, and lot sizes, especially for new parts.
- Facilitate early and regular communication of material planning forecasts to key component suppliers.
- Process Purchase Requisitions generated by the NPI team after ensuring their accuracy and matching supplier quotes to project requirements, follow up on delivery ETAs when POs are issued, and assist with resolving any invoices for these POs questions (such as, invoice mismatch).
skills & experience required
You are welcome to apply if you meet the following requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or Equivalent discipline.
- 3-5 years direct related experience in procurement/purchasing.
- ERP experience a must.
- SAP expertise is a must
- Demonstrated understanding of MRP, inventory, and production principles.
- High proficiency in using Excel (e.g., Formulae, pivot tables, v-lookups.)
- Procurement and purchasing experience in NPI projects desired.
- Background in electrical/electronic commodity (e.g., engineering, procurement) desired.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification desirable.
- APICS or ISM certification desirable.
This position will have limited travel to other offices and supplier locations.
- 1 year agency contract (renewable annually for 3 years)
- Completion bonus
- medical & dental coverage
- 14 days AL
Work Location: Jurong, Singapore
If you are interested in the position, kindly send your CV in to heny.lim(@)randstad.com.sg. Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving your current job. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
EA: 94C3609 | Reg: R22105263
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents...