about the company
Founded in 2014, my client is an international leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale.
With expansion plans, they are looking to hire a Development Manager/ Lead to join the team in Singapore, to be in charge of managing and leading development works on the big data collected, providing deep insights by developing algorithms utilised by various innovation projects.
about the job
- Managing and leading all development work, overseeing and providing technical guidance to the development team.
- Defining MVP development vision and creating strategies to leverage on or adapt technology to meet innovation initiatives needs and drive buy/ build decisions.
- Aligning development activities/ strategy with innovation initiatives.
- Anticipating the impacts of internal and external business challenges and market conditions and incorporate risk management to development activities
- Spearheading research and analysis on latest technologies and development methodology to continuously evolve and enhance development capabilities and efficiency
- Managing and assessing sub-contractors proposals and deliveries. Fully responsible for ensuring performance of sub-contractors.
- Managing procurement needs and interface with other business units.
- Designing and implementing performance measurements to track and monitor performance of development team
- Ensuring development activities are in full compliance with ethics and compliance, data governance and cybersecurity policies
- Defining regional MVC /Proof-of-Concept /Fast-Prototyping strategy
- Providing technical leadership to the development team and constantly challenging inputs to deliver best in class software modules that are modular, reusable and highly customisable on time and on quality
- Coaching, mentoring and enabling other developers
- Establish performance indicators to benchmark team’s performance
skills and experience required
- Minimally Diploma/ Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimally 8-10 years of relevant working experience in software development, with proven experience in leading a team while still being hands-on.
- Strong technical capabilities including but not limited to Node.js, React, SQL/ NOSQL, PySpark, Scikit and other modeling libraries, MongoDB, SOAP, AWS Cloud, Docker, GitHub.
- Experienced in designing and implementing APIs, RESTful Web-services and SOAP-based Web-services
- Strong experience in test automation (XUnit, Jira Xray, Postman, Cucumber, Selenium) and test-driven development methods
- Working experience in Agile Scrum, SAFe and/or Kanban projects
- DevOps orientation, knowledge of continuous integration frameworks and some of the following products/tools: Docker, Nexus, Artifactory, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, VersionOne, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Ansible, etc.
- Knowledge with Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google) is a plus: building and deploying cloud solutions (AWS preferred)
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based data-objects, and data transformation pipelines.
- Expertise in integration concepts, patterns and designs.
- Expertise in data analysis methodologies and processes and their linkages to other processes e.g. dimensional modeling.
- Experienced with integration efforts (packaged and customized applications) from a data analysis perspective.
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Joey at joey.lam(at)randstad.com.sg.
(EA: 94C3609/ R1879086)
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents.