about the company
Our client is a data centre operator and owner with parent company listed at NASDAQ. They provide hyperscale and wholesale data centre solutions. Currently they are looking for Director, Design & Engineering (Mechanical) APAC. This role reports to VP, Design & Engineering APAC. Frequent travelling is required for this role.
This role requires the experience in managing the data centre design to meet reliability and availability requirement, efficiency & sustainability benchmark (PUE & WUE), international best practices, regulatory requirement, safety in design, cost target and speed to market.
about the job
The Director, Design & Engineering is accountable for completing multiple projects in parallel (both greenfield and fit out), within budget and program. The project will span across regional metros.
This role must develop design brief & key metrics to ensure consistency in design quality and requirements. As such, he/she holds consultant and professional team accountable for meeting the project design intent and deliverables. He/ She will manage a consortium of consultant and professional team which includes but not limited to town planner, architect, civil & structural engineer, mechanical and electrical engineer, environmental consultant, LEED consultant, and geotechnical engineer. He/ She will partner with suppliers and designer to drive improvement initiatives in safety, efficiency and sustainability.
The role will involve travelling to site to ensure the method of construction, site coordination and equipment performance meets design criteria, concurrent maintainability and reliability standards.
The Director, Design and Engineering are responsible for key deliverables as follows:
- Responsible for the performance of team members.
- Responsible for the planning of resources to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for providing engineering solutions.
- 1st level of escalation and coordinator with internal and external stakeholders.
- Technical reviewer for master planning, conceptual design, and detailed design.
- Technical approver for LLE evaluation.
- Approver for main specifications.
- Developer of project-specific supplementary specifications.
- Initiator of design improvement from lesson learnt.
- Reviewer of new equipment and product qualification.
- Approver of L1 test scripts.
- Develop design delivery matrix.
- Develop scope demarcation matrix between Long Lead Equipment suppliers & installation contractors.
- Oversee project design delivery and construction quality for all APAC projects.
skills & experience required
- Proven design experience across regional metros
- Mechanical Professional Engineer with practicing certificate is preferred
- 10+ years in design consultancy with at least 5 years in principal engineer position
- Experienced in Design Bid Build, Design & Build and other design delivery methodology
- Experience in hyper scale Data Centre, micro-electronics or other critical infrastructure is preferred
- Willing to be relocated & travel based on project requirement
If you are interested in the position, kindly send your CVs to wenyu.jiang (@) randstad.com.sg.
Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving current job.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(EA: 94C3609 / Reg: R1332558)...