about the company
My client is one of the world’s leading international and diverse law firms. With over 1,100 people worldwide, and offices located across Asia, Europe and Middle East, their diverse mix of expertise and culture results in a unique combination of deep local insight and the capability to provide a seamless international service. With their rapid expansion and deep global sectoral expertise, they are currently looking for a dynamic Human Resources Manager to join their ranks.
about the job
Reporting to the Regional Head of HR across Asia, you will be partnering closely with Partners and Business Service Leads within the Singapore office, and implement effective HR strategies and programs in accordance with business priorities and goals, and manage local operational and change processes.
As the Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for the overall group strategic and operational planning, implementation and management of human resource activities
- Manage the overall recruitment and selection process to hire exemplary talent for retention and growth, and end-to-end student recruitment campaigns for the Singapore Office, including internships/work experience programmes
- Partners closely with the Global Acquisition Team, oversee and involve in the recruitment of all lawyer and business support roles - which encompasses the preparation of job descriptions, business case preparation, managing online career portals, candidate management, etc.
- Implement effective HR strategies and initiatives in line with the firm's approach and organizational culture, roll out and implement HR Regional and Global initiatives
- Oversee all associate promotions, provide support to HiPos, and assists with succession planning within the practice groups, and overseeing all employee relations issues
- Business partner with the fee earning and business services client groups, providing coaching and career advice, when appropriate
- Ensure governance and compliance in the areas of company policies, labor law and disciplinary management.
- Work closely with the business to identify talent and promote L&D options to address specific development needs
- Acts as a role model, providing personalized development, training and support to the HR Assistant and the wider HR functions
- Support the key stakeholders to deliver the annual partner appraisal process
- Implementing talent management and succession planning and recruitment strategies to build a high performance culture
- Ensure exemplary integration and seamless HR support to their associated firms
- Manage the compensation and benefits framework in line with regional and global guidelines, provide support on salary benchmarking and compensation strategies for the Singapore office
- Oversee the performance management process in the areas of talent review, succession planning and development plans.
- Work closely with the management team, develop and implement state-of-the-art strategies for recruiting top talent in a competitive market, which encompasses strategy for salary levels and benefits
- Providing strategic HR advice/consultancy, recommending solutions and providing action plans to the Business Leaders with alignment with HQ and regional HR guidelines
- Supporting the delivery of HR activities and processes (Such as performance management, manpower planning, compensation and benefits) and ad-hoc projects at the business level
- Guiding and implementing strategic and tactical HR initiatives aligned to business/organization’s objectives
- Lead the implementation of regional and global HR projects to support the overall people and firm strategy to the Singapore Office and provide adequate support/advice to the alliance office
- Other ad hoc global projects assigned
about the manager/team
As the Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for driving HR initiatives to improve performance and talent development within the organization, providing strategic human resource management advice and support to partners and implementing adequate HR strategies to influence key stakeholders.
This is a true business partnering role and the incumbent will get the exceptional opportunity to partner closely with the legal and business services teams in delivering best-in-class HR experience to employees.
skills and experience required
To be a successful candidate, you should possess at least a Bachelor Degree, within areas of Human Resources, or related disciplines, with at least 7 years of relevant Human Resources experience, with a strong collaborative approach to working at a global scale, preferably in a Legal or Professional Services firm. Ideally, you should possess prior law firm experience, with an exceptional understanding and experience in relevant labor law and regulations as well as administration and compensation programmes.
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Gwendelyn at 6510 6503.