about the company
Our client is a data center operator and owner with parent company listed at NASDAQ. They provide hyperscale and wholesale data center solutions. Currently they are looking for a Manager, Process APAC. This role reports to Vice President, Operations APAC.
The role of Manager, Process APAC requires the experience of both Electrical and Mechanical Engineering in system operation and maintenance for system such as uninterruptible power supply (UPS), diesel generator, LV & HT power distribution, chillers, cooling towers, mechanical pumps, also the ability to study electrical single line diagram, mechanical schematic drawing and building systems layout. The candidate require competency in development of work methodology for engineering work task, standard operating procedure, and emergency operating procedure. Compilation and preparation of monthly reports, site inspection, engineering risk assessment and incident management are some of the work activities.
about the job
- Responsible to support all critical operations and maintenance work in a data centre facility for 100% facility uptime. He/ She is required to develop work operation processes, conduct training, preparation of reports, implement operations work practices and liaison with tenants for work implementations.
- Develop installation and maintenance Change Control Work application. Implementations or ensure implementations of Change Control work method statement including LOTO (log out/tag out) required under Change Management Workflow Process for assigned facilities and systems.
- Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the Company assets and ensuring the critical engineering systems reliably perform their intended function. He/ She is required to provide guidance to site Process Engineer in performing hands-on operations, conduct equipment/system functional inspection and troubleshooting prior calling vendor/equipment supplier specialist on-site.
- Work requires strong formal conduct of operations skills, technical expertise, personal accountability, and flawless execution of work activities commensurate with a highly critical environment and associated expectations for exceptional customer satisfaction and confidence.
- Support in electrical and mechanical system troubleshoot to ensure that work performed in critical environment is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience towards the customer, conducting follow up inspection to ensure continuous trouble-free operation. Checking of malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Provide guidance to Process Engineer on pre-work execution briefing on the developed work methodology to ensure thorough understanding by the site delivery team prior work implementation. Investigate work methods if site work deviated from the scripted methodology, review/improve the work methodology prior continuing the work by site team.
- Collaborate with site team on periodically inspection and examine the maintained equipment/system done by maintenance vendor or inhouse technician.
- Conduct periodic checks to ensure maintenance follows closely to the maintenance work method statement without deviation by technician. Should abnormality occur, lead the effort to perform troubleshoot and/or investigation.
- Monitoring of equipment and system perform to ensure functioning withing threshold limits and at best efficiency. Develop plans to enhance equipment and system functionality and performance.
- Provide guidance and support on the implementation of preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to, scheduling of preventative maintenance with a no disruption to critical services, monitor preventative maintenance tasks completion, review site technical team request of orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Participate in incident management. Such as, preparing of incident report, investigation, conduct root caused analysis, remediation/rectification through incident closure and work order management.
- Support emergency situations such as, fire, evacuation, equipment failure, customer concerns, etc.
- Assist Lead Engineer to deliver critical operation for compliance with customer’s service level agreement.
- Provide guidance for maintenance plan and ensure uploading of work order for Preventative and Corrective maintenance on CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) execution. Monitor to ensure all assigned work orders are close promptly. Consult with Lead Engineer/Critical Ops Manager and liaise with staff as appropriate to identify and order necessary materials for maintenance and perform necessary repair works.
- Develop, standardize and implement SOP/EOP/MOP/ERP and have in depth understanding of the critical system/facilities.
- Ensure and provide guidance in preparation of engineering reports such as customer’s monthly service report, energy consumption report, etc.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines related to the operation of the building’s infrastructure are met, including work deliveries. He/ She is responsible for alerting your reporting manager or senior management of any discrepancies.
- In the event of an emergency, he/ she is required to operates after office hours and/or public holiday. This position requires to be 24 x 7 available on-call.
skills & experience required
- Ability to write and review good quality detailed work scripts, methods of procedure, and standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline with minimum of 7+ years relevant work experience is required within critical infrastructure. Candidate with relevant professional licenses or certification has an advantage such as energy management.
- Good engineering knowledge in both electrical and mechanical system operation and maintenance for system such as uninterruptible power supply (UPS), diesel generator, LV & HT power distribution, chillers, cooling towers, mechanical pumps also the ability to study electrical single line diagram, mechanical schematic diagram, and building systems layout.
- Good knowledge of all laws that govern building management and maintenance, including building safety, emergency evacuation and environment protection.
- A team player and able to work independently to resolve issues.
- Proficient in computer applications and software, including commercial computerized maintenance management systems, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Travelling is required for this position within APAC
If you are interested in the position, kindly send your CVs to wenyu.jiang (@) randstad.com.sg.
Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving current job.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(EA: 94C3609 / Reg: R1332558)...