about the company
Our client is a chemicals company with global presence across Japan, Europe, China, Southeast Asia and the USA. With its strong reputation as a reliable company, they’re in the works of increasing its manufacturing capacity in the country. As part of their expansion plans, they’re now on a lookout for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
about the job
- Plan and schedule maintenance works to ensure safe and stable plant operations
- Lead and manage site mechanical contractor team and ensure that daily, periodical and shutdown maintenance works are carried out safely, timely and efficiently
- Respond to plant emergency calls and resolve mechanical troubles within short time frame
- Review and conduct technical investigation of mechanical equipment’s problems, evaluate findings, prepare analysis reports and recommend countermeasures to enhance equipment’s reliability
- Develop, review and implement Risk Assessment for all mechanical work activities
- Manage fixed assets and stocks movement, and follow up on purchase request and delivery
- Plan annual mechanical budget, and monitor and update monthly expenditure
- Identify and develop cost control strategies and cost savings programs
- Establish and maintain maintenance system to comply with requirements of Safety Management System for the chemicals industry
- Develop and implement mechanical maintenance procedure to improve equipment maintenance methodology
- Participate in Engineering audits
- Provide guidance for junior engineers to develop their skills and expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the Oil & Petrochemicals industry
- Experience in polymer plant and extruder maintenance would be advantageous
- Dynamic individual who is able to work under pressure and perform overtime work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to rotate between 3 manufacturing plants within Jurong Island depending on work arrangement
If you are interested in the position, kindly send your CVs to yiling.tan(@)randstad.com.sg.
Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving your current job.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents.
EA: 94C3609 / Reg: R21103172...