about the company
With over a decade of history, my client is a market leader in the telecommunications industry.
With expansion plans, they are looking to hire a Network Security Engineer to join the team.
The Network Security Engineer is responsible for the overall coordination of the design and implementation of the Network Infrastructure and Security Infrastructure for Hybrid Cloud, WIFI infrastructure for various locations and Global offices.
about the job
- Ensures consistent and compatible solutions are produced by applying an integrated approach to design and implementation with a formal method and framework, ensuring that solutions developed are in line with the Infrastructure Enterprise Architecture to meet the Technology Infrastructure (TI) strategic objectives.
- Focus on Strategic projects and create solutions in line with the overall TI Infrastructure Platforms Roadmap for Network and Security.
- Ensures that the infrastructure solutions make the best use of the technology platforms to meet the business requirements.
- Ensure that the solutions are delivered at optimal cost using the appropriate technology platforms.
- Produce an integrated solution covering all areas and in line with the TI strategy
- Produce an infra diagram that identifies all infrastructure components including Network infrastructure, Security requirements and Compute/Storage requirement for the solution.
- Ensure solution proposed in compliance with security and best practices adopted by the industry
- To configure and support network projects such as MPLS, Ethernet, Ethernet access, Layer 2 switching, wireless, network security, and others
- Create and document the solution using the existing Infrastructure Standard Platforms and Design Patterns
- Maintain a knowledge base to ensure network intellectual property is retained
skills and experience required
- Minimally Diploma/ Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimally 8 to 10 years of working experience in a relevant Network Security Engineer position, with proven experience in designing/ planning and architecture.
- Experience and knowledge in area of Network, Firewalls, IPS, Load balancers, Authentication Systems and Compute/Storage Virtualisation.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and Data Centre network & Security architectures, enterprise design and industry standards relevant to data communications / networking and computing.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking (SDN) on Cisco ACI will be advantageous.
- Good communication skills and stakeholder management skills.
- Experienced in managing a team of technical people highly preferred.
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Joey at joey.lam(at)randstad.com.sg.
(EA: 94C3609/ R1879086)