about the company
Our client is a data center operator and owner with parent company listed at NASDAQ. They provide hyperscale and wholesale data center solutions. Currently they are looking for a Senior Manager/Manager, Solutions APAC.
about the job
- Engage customers professionally and effectively to understand their requirements and to consult, design and propose winning solutions.
- Collaborate with sales team to build strong relationships supporting customers to identify business opportunities.
- Collaborate with multiple teams across region in various functions, including but not limited to sales, design, construction, critical operation, and asset management teams to deliver data center capacity to customer.
- Communicate with stakeholders, both internal colleagues and external vendors or partners on the developed solution to ensure feasibility.
- To lead, prepare, and submit quality solution proposal based on RFP documents received from customer and ensure compliance to technical requirements and specifications.
- To analyse customer technical requirements and make comparison with market trends for optimised solution.
- Establish internal project briefs, project procurement and contracting strategy, long-lead equipment procurement buy-out, analyse project risks and develop project timelines based on agreed solution with the customer. Prepare and submit reports to Management and Group for approval.
- Manage and organise design review meetings between customer and internal stakeholders to finalise the design solution for implementation.
- Manage internal stakeholders to identify and establish overall project delivery schedule for project implementation to meet customer timeline.
- Manage and implement the agreed solution by customer from contract execution, design, construction, commissioning, and turnover to critical operations and assets management teams.
- Monitor and report project status to Management on the various stages of project implementation and highlight project risks or delays.
- Tackle solution challenges arising from project implementation and work with internal stakeholders to resolve them on a timely basis.
- To provide constructive feedback to internal teams as and when observed for improvement.
- Manage assigned accounts and provide backup coverage for the team.
- Act as a single point-of-contact for the customer on executive escalations or issues independently.
skills & experience required
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or above, preferred major in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years working experience. Candidates with experience working in design consultancy firm and have worked through a construction project life cycle from design until obtaining building permit for occupation is preferred.
- Working experience or good knowledge in data center design and power & cooling systems requirements including testing and commissioning activities (i.e. FAT, SAT, IST).
- Ability to work directly with Senior Management and manage within a matrix organization.
- Excellent presentation skills and strong public speaking capability
- Resourceful team player with a genuine enthusiasm for providing excellent support to internal and external customers.
- Experienced with fast-paced large volume, dynamic, complex, international operations.
- Able to develop comprehensive and concise management reports.
- Possess drive, tenacity and willingness to learn
- Willing to walk the ground to verify the field progress and engage staffs.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral).
- Proficient in MS Office applications and AutoCAD or REVIT 3D.
- Ability to travel for short business trip within Southeast Asia countries.
- Familiar with fire and building codes in Singapore or the surrounding region and relevant international standards used in data center industry.
If you are interested in the position, kindly send your CVs to wenyu.jiang (@) randstad.com.sg.
Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving current job.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(EA: 94C3609 / Reg: R1332558)