- Established leader in the Travel Retail sector
- Client-facing role with high career development opportunities
Senior Merchandiser / Assistant Merchandising Manager
about the company
Our client is a leading Global Travel Retail firm with a highly-established reputation. It has dedicated its focus to deliver the highest quality of products to travellers all over the world. With concrete plans for the future, their objective is to develop new business opportunities for the group locally. They are looking to build a team of passionate change-drivers who will work closely with the management team to bring the organisation to new heights, and to deliver strong, fast and sustainable growth in 2023.
about the role
Reporting to the Merchandising Director, the Assistant Merchandising Manager will be responsible for driving sales in the local market and supporting day-to-day operations, while also sourcing Business Development opportunities.
- Develop long-term strategies and Product Development initiatives based on the company’s objectives.
- Achieve sales targets and consistently monitor sales performance to develop business opportunities.
- Liaise closely and do presentations to external parties and vendors.
- Ensure good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop business opportunities by sourcing and liaising with new vendors.
- Provide support for purchasing tasks and manage floor space allocation across all stores.
- Regular analysis on statistical reports and to work closely with vendors on data compliance.
skills and experience required
- Independent mentality
- Min. 5-6 years in a Merchandising role (preferably in the Retail / Tourism sector) with a proven track record.
- Comfortable with liaising and presenting to external stakeholders and vendors.
- Strong communication skills, problem solving skills and analytic skills required.
- Able to interpret data to derive insights and conclusions is a must.
- Big picture orientation with attention to details
This is a client-facing role where you need to be able to work independently. If you feel you are the right person for the job, I'd love to hear from you! Please hit the apply button directly.
(EA: 94C3609/ R23112482)...