about the company
My client is a global healthcare and information technology provider of eyeglasses, medical & optical lenses, and critical components for semiconductor devices, LCD panels, and HDDs. Founded in Japan more than 80 years ago, it now has more than 160 offices and subsidiaries worldwide. The Singapore subsidiary was established in 2011 and is currently looking for talented people to join the team. They specialize in developing and manufacturing advanced mask blanks for semiconductor manufacturing.
about the job
In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Department and be responsible for managing the team and the following areas of work:
- Define global sourcing strategies for the assigned category in line with the goals of the global sourcing organization to ensure long-term, timely and cost-effective supply of materials.
- Market Intelligence & Competitive Benchmarking
- Analyse and understand impact on category strategy; provide recommendations to support strategic direction
- Support category team's needs for cost benchmarking, should-cost, Total Cost of Ownership analysis, DFx (Cost, Quality, manufacturability, Market), Value Sourcing approach
- Plan and conduct commercial negotiations and support global negotiations as required
- Responsible for on-site procurement functions, working closely with internal stakeholders (Operations, Engineering, Quality) to identify continuous improvement opportunities, alternative sourcing strategies, global price trends, and communicate progress/outcomes to achieve maximum value and organizational goals
- Responsible for Cost Savings Reporting, Spend Analytics and overall site purchasing Scorecards
- Manages the Business Continuity Process (BCP) and supply risk for the site or assigned category
skills & experience required
You are welcome to apply if you meet the following requirements
- Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Engineering/Manufacturing or relevant study
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the semiconductor/electronics industry (Sourcing/procurement/supplier management).
- Proficiency in sourcing related skills including sourcing strategy development and execution, contract management and supplier performance management - Demonstrated experience in change management projects with measurable, positive business outcomes
- Working knowledge on Planning/ERP systems like Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamic 365 etc
- Competence in data and information management and reporting tools: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Tableau, SharePoint, BI Power Solutions, etc.
Work Location: Tampines, Singapore
Working Hour: 830am – 530pm
Remuneration package: Basic + allowance + aws
If you are interested in the position, kindly send your CV in to heny.lim(@)randstad.com.sg. Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving your current job. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
EA: 94C3609 | Reg: R22105263
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents...