about the company
Our client is a leading global solar panel manufacturer dedicated to delivering innovative and world-class solar manufacturing technology in the solar and semiconductor industry. They’re now on a look out for a Senior/Manufacturing Engineer to join their company during this exciting time in their development.
about the job
- Establish cost-efficient Manufacturing Systems that allow production operators to function independently as a Self Managed Team (SMT) to manufacture good quality products with high productivity.
- Perform Risk Assessments and establish safety procedures in assigned work areas
- Perform constant job observation to identify areas for improvement
- Establish all work instructions (WI) and standard operating Procedures (SOP)
- Drive and initiate projects in cost reduction, yield improvement and productivity improvement.
- Understand the line bottlenecks and cycle time to initiate projects to maintain optimum utilization of equipment and resources and constantly review methods of WIP management and production flow.
- Involved in daily line sustaining troubleshooting on process and quality related issues in assigned work areas.
- Conduct training and assessments for all operators
- Actively participate in new product / process development, new machine qualification, process optimization, new material evaluation and new line industrialization to achieve good safety, quality, cost and throughput in the shortest time possible.
- Drive the team of production leaders and operators to participate in projects relating to Safety, Yield improvement, Cost improvement, 5S, Shop Floor Management, Total Preventive Maintenance, and others.
- Perform 5S audits and job observation as part of Shop Floor Management improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Manufacturing / Chemical / Material Science)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of manufacturing to be considered for senior position
- Knowledge in Manufacturing Methodology such as 5S, Cycle time/takt time study, Line balancing, FIFO and Kanban methodology, TPM and Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing concepts will be preferred
- Willing to work in the western part of Singapore (Tuas / Pioneer / Joo Koon) (islandwide transport provided)
- Training will be provided for those with no experience prior
If you are interested in the position , kindly send your CVs to yiling.tan(@)randstad.com.sg.
Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving your current job.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents.
EA: 94C3609 / Reg: R21103172