about the company
My client operates in the power supply design environment.This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
about the job
- Classify, characterize, and organize company-used electronic components and materials as an integral part of materials database
- Create electronics selection and qualification guidelines, standardize testing methods, unify the test plates for common components screening and evaluation
- Review product designs to ensure rational applications and right adoptions of components, especially on their lifecycle state, regulation & compliance status (e.g. RoHS, REACH, UL, CE, VDE, etc.)
- Identify critical and high-risk electronic components in products, develop and lead the execution of corresponding reliability test or mitigation plans
- Lead the root cause analysis of component failures, identify the failure mechanism, and derive countermeasures
- Evaluate and review supplier technical competency, and conduct supplier search or selection for key components, visit to audit suppliers if required
- Support and coach engineering staff on various materials-relevant subjects such as datasheet interpretation, alternative selection, application specialties, field failures, manufacturing issues, etc.
- Standardize various technical documents (test plan, reports, guidelines, etc.), craft documentation templates, and optimize the corresponding rules and processes
skills & experience required
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- Min 6 years of experience in power electronics / electrical hardware design
- Strong knowledge of electronic components - operating principles, equivalent models, electrical characteristics and application specialties, practical limitations and constraints, especially on power electronics
- Good knowledge of component construction – Physical structure and forms, types and classifications, naming conventions, materials, fabrication and packaging
- Experienced in electronics thermal management and environmental testing
- Experience in switch mode power supply is desirable – topology, characterization, testing methods, safety standards and regulations
- Familar in Power Platform is a big plus
- Conversant at EDA tools with Altium highly desirable
If you are interested in the position , kindly send your CVs in to yitwei.kwan(@)randstad.com.sg
Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving current job.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
EA: 94C3609 / Reg: R1325913...