about the company
Founded in 1988, my client is a statutory body with the vision of promoting and developing the legal industry in Singapore. They set new precedents of excellence in Singapore law through development thought leadership, world-class infrastructure and legal solutions.
With expansion plans, they are looking to hire an Solution Architect (Java/ MySQL/ AWS) to join the team. Starting off with a 2 years direct contract, the role is convertible to permanent.
about the job
- Understand and translate business requirements into system designs and take leadership in successfully delivering the required functionalities.
- Architect solutions and troubleshoot applications.
- Work with Business Units and the Commercialisation team to conceptualise and implement new programmes and initiatives that will transform and create significant impact to the legal community.
- Design and implement technical solutions, proof-of-concept, and pilots, ensuring the system complies with open standards and meets requirements for high availability, resiliency, scalability, and security.
- Work closely with product management, infrastructure, development, and operations teams to conform/contribute solution to technology stack and ensure smooth delivery. Foster relationships effectively with diverse groups across geographies. Adapt and multi-task, handling complex requirements.
- Develop technical standards and guidelines against industry standards, to allow technical interoperability of various component within each system and between systems.
- Evolve and maintain common components, frameworks, and SDKs as part of technology stack to reduce repeated work.
- Apply best practices regarding system security measures and performance.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve.
- Craft great user experience and quality code that is robust and maintainable. Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Help drive our teams and products through launch cycles – particularly by balancing good engineering with launch commitments.
skills and experience required
- Minimally Diploma/ Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimally 8 years of proven experience in managing complex projects, driving technology solutions and meeting business expectations.
- Hands-on experience in Java full stack development, MySQL, Hibernate and other database technologies, Amazon Cloud Services (AWS Lambda, SES, SQS, S3, AWS Aurora, WS RDS, AWS CI/CD, ec2, Load Balancers etc).
- Experienced in managing/ leading a team.
- Proven Self-starter with initiative, accountability, and ability to work independently as well as collaborate with the teams both locally and regionally.
- Experience in building cloud-native apps.
- Champion continuous improvement to the quality of solutions delivery using agile practices.
- Experience in CI/CD toolchain and automated testing frameworks to ensure quality and time-to-market.
- Experience with Azure AD and/or search solutions preferred.
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Joey at joey.lam(at)randstad.com.sg.
(EA: 94C3609/ R1879086)
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents.