about the company
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Singapore and internationally, a global leader is recruiting a potential Sourcing Engineer to join them in their expansion.
about the job
- Responsible for the development and implementation of short and long term sourcing strategies.
- Responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing supply base. This will involve an initial supplier survey, qualification and risk assessment of new suppliers.
- Drive cost deflation and avoidance through negotiations, supplier process and productivity improvements.
- Participates in Product Transfer ensuring all sourcing related matters are planned and executed in a timely manner.
- Upgrades and maintains an efficient sourcing and procurement system.
- Lead sourcing projects to migrate production material spend to low cost countries.
- Gather market intelligence on supply base and technology trends on assigned commodities.
- Negotiate supplier contractual terms & conditions including long term agreements.
- Manages and co-ordinates early supplier involvement in New Product Introduction projects from the parts design stage through mass production, ensuring critical timelines are met.
skills & experience required
To be successful in this position, you must have the ability to demonstrate or possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 3 + years of hands-on procurement/sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with SAP is a plus
how to apply
If you believe you have the right skillset, experience and drive to succeed, please apply now. Alternatively, please dropped an email to lauren.ang(@)randstad.com.sg for a further discussion.
EA: 94C3609 / R1333505...