about the company
My clients are leading global companies and the largest companies in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. They are an American company founded over 100 years ago and employ approximately 26,000 people worldwide.
about the job
In this role, you are responsible for the development and execution of product line sourcing strategies in support of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects, enabling materials to be used on time for all project builds and transitions into series production, and drive material cost to meet the product’s cost target.
This is a cross-functional role responsible for project management and accountability for deadlines, results and metrics. This role will manage effective collaboration with suppliers, development teams and commodity leaders to deliver on-time products, best-in-class cost and supply continuity while mitigating supply chain risk.
- Lead early supplier participation in the Common Product Development (CPD) process and drive material cost improvement activities in support of the NPI team's product cost goals.
- Reduce product risk through proper execution of sourcing strategy. Drive use of ‘Preferred’ suppliers. Provide the NPI team with supply chain risk assessments including obsolescence, delivery, currency, logistics, political and other risks.
- Manage and drive supply readiness for project builds and series production through the use of tools including Supply Chain Material Readiness (SCMR) and Critical Part Process risk management.
- Project management coordination and activities between the NPI team and procurement (i.e., source selection, supplier negotiations, sourcing strategy development, supplier issue resolution, etc.)
- Facilitate the development of supply management parameter guidelines with buyers and planners. (i.e., production authorization agreements, schedule agreements, lot size, lead time, logistics, packaging, etc.)
- Collaborate within the Strategic Sourcing Organization (SSO) to provide market information to the NPI team (i.e., supplier technology roadmaps, price and availability trends, benchmarking results, etc.).
- Drive improvements in the NPI Sourcing process by eliminating variation and waste, with a focus on continuous process improvement. Promote the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodology within the NPI team
- Establish good working relationships with project teams (e.g., Development Engineering, Supplier Quality, Industrialization Planning, Component Engineering) and stakeholders (BU Management).
- Perform tasks in compliance with all applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations and laws, as well as company's policies and procedures.
skills & experience required
You are welcome to apply if you meet the following requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Electrical/Communication Engineering/Business or equivalent technical discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years new product introduction, industrialization engineering, sourcing, supply chain, project management or engineering services experience.
- Project Management (PMP) certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired.
- Procurement and purchasing experience in NPI projects desired.
- Background in electrical/electronic commodity (e.g., engineering, procurement) desired.
This position may have light travel (10%) to other offices and supplier locations.
- 1 year agency contract (renewable annually for 3 years)
- Completion bonus
- medical & dental coverage
- 14 days AL
Work Location: Jurong, Singapore
If you are interested in the position, kindly send your CV in to heny.lim(@)randstad.com.sg. Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving your current job. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
EA: 94C3609 | Reg: R22105263
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents...