about the company
Our client is a global biotechnology leader in the field of mass spectrometry and capillary electrophoresis. They’re a manufacturer of analytical instruments and solutions provider for precision detection. As part of their expansion plans in their manufacturing site, they’re now looking for a Senior/Systems Engineer to join their dynamic team during an exciting time in their development.
What you will be here for
- Design, build, and test complex or large-scale systems, ensuring that the components of the system are integrated and function as a whole. Determine the overall structure of the system, organize the interaction between components, and evaluate the influence of the environment.
- Define system architecture to provide desired functionality in products based on User Needs and regional Regulatory Standards.
- Generate the system requirements specification (SRS)
- Work with engineering disciplines to translate User Needs into System/Subsystem Requirements Specifications (SRS/SSRS)
- Decompose system requirements and allocations to subsystems. Lead/oversee the development of SSRS working jointly with the Subsystem Technical Leads to ensure that the content is developed by the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Generate/review/approve controlled documentation for all phases of development
- Perform feasibility study in projects where necessary, incorporating modifications into the design.
- Create frameworks for trade off analysis; ensure risks are mitigated at every stage
- Conduct technical design reviews at system or subsystem levels in projects.
- Lead/participate system/design FMEAs
- Review recommended architectural solutions proposed by mechanical/electrical architects and subsystems
- Identify gaps in design proposals, technical capabilities / techniques, and support the development of strategies to overcome them through DFM & DFS practices.
- Monitor product cost roll-up throughout product development and take corrective action as required
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, monitors and control the following Prototype activities. Instrument configuration, technical problem reporting, verification and validation status, corrective action planning, status reporting and issue closure (JIRA).
- Support Sustaining/Value engineering (VAVE) for released products.
What you will need
- Bachelor/PhD/Master of Engineering in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical or Systems Engineering.
- Experience with Imaged Capillary Isoelectric Focusing (iCIEF) and microfluidics technologies.
- Experience in a New Product Development environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with complex integrated systems
- DFSS knowledge and experience is preferred
If you are interested in the position, kindly send your CVs to yiling.tan(@)randstad.com.sg.
Please include your availability, expected salary and reason for leaving your current job.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents.
EA: 94C3609 / Reg: R21103172...