Your first impression matters. A standout curriculum vitae (CV) is your first opportunity to make a good impression on your future employer but the tiniest mistake can render a wasted opportunity.
Recruiters and employers receive hundreds of CVs applying for the same job and are more likely to cast off your CV if there are spottable spelling mistakes and grammar errors despite your experience and skills relevance for the job.
Here are some easy steps to steer clear from errors and structure your achievements and experience to stand a better chance at securing the job interview.
fundamental points to remember when writing a CV are:
- always include your email address, phone number and links to your online profiles on the first page
- draft a short summary about yourself that is relevant and speaks directly to your future employer
- list relevant work experience in a chronological order and support them with achievements
- include transferable, adaptive and job-related skills and always support them with solid examples and evidence
- list relevant education and training qualifications
- your references should be available on request and remember that LinkedIn testimonials are the most powerful endorsements
Looking to make your next career move? Randstad is one of the world’s largest recruitment and HR services providers, and our Singapore office has more than 20 years' experience placing high-calibre mid to senior level professionals in companies across multiple industries. Visit our job listing for career opportunities and apply for jobs.