If you are a candidate we collect your personal data as reasonably necessary for us to determine your suitability for work with us or through us. Some examples of personal data that we may collect about you as a candidate are:
- your name and contact details, including your address, email address and phone numbers;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- information in your cover letter, resume and application forms including your skills, qualifications, work history, references, goals and interests;
- details of your work rights in Singapore/other countries;
- your tax file number and related details;
- your current and/or desired salary/remuneration package;
- details of your current and/or previous employment, including the responsibilities undertaken and skills required in your current and/or previous role;
- information documenting your work history with or through us (including bank account details, salary and work performance information);
- aptitude and psychological assessment results;
- the results of background checks;
- information regarding your COVID-19 vaccination status and/or ability to enter the workplace in accordance with the prevailing Ministry of Manpower (or any government) advisories and/or regulations; and
- other information that you, your referees or our clients provide to us, including personal feedback and notes of our interactions with you and/or others in relation to your suitability for work with us or through us.
personal data of referees
The submission of references is essential to the recruitment process as we give critical consideration to any input provided to us by your referees.
In submitting your application, you may be required to submit the names and other personal data of referees you wish us to contact. Before you give us any personal data about your referees, you must notify each referee with the purpose of Randstad's use of their personal data (please read the section 6 on referees) and obtain their permission to disclose to us their data for the purposes of evaluating your candidacy for current or future vacancies that we may engage with you from time to time.
jump to a specific privacy page.
why do we need your personal data?
Randstad processes your personal data only for the purposes specified below:
- To provide our Services to you (including matching and proposing you to clients, interviews, assessments). For example, we may process your personal data to recommend jobs to you based on your profile and enable our consultants to provide you with tailored job opportunities, career advice, reskilling options, inclusiveness, suggest additional training where necessary and introduce you to hiring managers: The processing of your data and the use of automated systems is necessary to provide you with the matching services, and is therefore based on (pre-) contractual necessity;
- To assess your suitability for a role which may include checking your work rights status, criminal background, credit and reference checks, or any test or assessment that you might be required to undergo;
- Training and updating of systems/statistical purposes. Some of the systems that we use to provide our Services are based on machine learning technology. In order for that technology to function reliably, it needs to be trained and updated on the basis of existing data. We may also process personal data in an aggregated manner for statistical purposes.
- We have implemented mitigating measures to limit the privacy impact, such as de-identification and an easy opt-out in your choices;
- Dispute management and litigation: Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad, which include the protection of company assets, protecting its legal interests and managing legal claims/disputes;
- Compliance with labor, tax and social security laws and other legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. equal opportunity and workplace diversity requirements);
- Events: Based on our legitimate interest in maintaining a good relationship with our community of candidates and promoting our services by inviting you to our events;
- Facilities, security and contingency planning purposes: Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad, which include safeguarding and securing our assets, our facilities, our information systems and our people; and
- To conduct corporate transactions (including mergers, acquisitions and divestments): Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad, which include Randstad’s interest in developing its business through mergers, acquisitions and divestments.
how long do we keep your personal data?
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.